Are you new here? Yea! Well, we’re diving into the social world’s fastest growing platform, TikTok. For those of you who didn’t pick up on that intro trending audio reference — listen up. With over 1.2 billion monthly active users, TikTok is one of the world’s fastest-evolving social platforms. With a massively growing audience, going viral is a real possibility; reach can move from zero to a million overnight.
But the real secret to being successful on TikTok, is to create TikToks…not ads. Seems like reverse logic, right? However, savvy brands are aware of this and are moving fast to jump on the bandwagon. Get your notebooks out, here’s why investing in TikTok is extremely important in today’s digital culture and can increase your brand’s presence and revenue.
Numbers don't lie
The hugely popular social video app has generated $4.6 billion in revenue in 2021 — a 142% increase YOY, and they’re not stopping there. TikTok plans to TRIPLE it’s revenue from ads in 2022. It also has users downloading…A LOT. A massive 656 million downloads in 2021 to be exact! And as I’m sure you know, it speaks to the youngsters. 63% of Gen Z uses TikTok daily. BUT, this does mean that the remaining 37% of users are made up of the Millenials, Gen X, and even Baby Boomer generations.
TikTok videos influence purchasing decisions — big time. There are more than 8.1 billion tagged videos to prove it with the hashtag #tiktokmademebuyit. We’d be lying if we said we haven’t added a few things to our cart after seeing a TikTok!
Evolving your content to be on a more personal, real world level is key for TikTok ads. By being able to reach a diverse audience and use their engaging ad formats, you are able to increase your brand awareness and identity, sometimes even in a matter of days. For brands to really get their customers interested (and land higher on the viral For You Page), the TikTok strategy is simple:
Feature fun and likable creators/influencers – Pick and choose this creatively, they need to resonate with your brand’s values and provide a positive voice for your brand or product.
Get to the point – Viewers’ attention spans have become increasingly short over time, and if you don’t make your video worthwhile in the first 3 seconds, best believe you’ll get swiped up!
Participate in TikTok trends – Don’t be afraid of this one. Just put your own unique spin on it. Users are actually searching and watching the content under trending hashtags — so you’ll be reaching new audiences in no time!
Use trending sounds – This is one is another way to reach the #FYP!
Show how your product works – This is an obvious one, but this is the whole point! Showing the fabulous results entices your viewers to buy.
Leave a little mystery – Whether you’re giving advice or relating a crazy anecdote, don’t explain everything in one video. If you leave some questions unanswered, people will comment and ask for a follow-up video.
Engaging in the latest video trends, dances, and audio snippets is what pushes your content to be viral. Of course, as well as some other major factors like standing out, being authentic, and recording videos with a high-quality sense in mind. One great thing about TikTok is that you don’t need any professional cameras (a ring light might help), but the more natural it looks is what this audience is all about. Mostly every influencer and creator records videos straight from their phones. Having fun while aligning with your brand values and vibes is what curates for an excellent TikTok strategy.
Time is key
It’s safe to say that avid TikTok creators and users are pretty freakin’ genius when it comes to developing, creating, and staying on top of trending content. It honestly consumes the same amount of time as a full time job.
With that being said, your team needs to be fully invested in devoting time and resources into boosting your revenue goals from TikTok. From developing ideas, to recording content, as well as having substantial knowledge of editing videos and adding effects, this all takes a lot of time. Not to mention staying on top of TikTok trends, which you’ll most likely have to create last minute content to join the trend game. It’s important to be quick on your feet when it comes to trends.
Building up your audience takes time, so don’t give up if your first few videos don’t go viral or generate sales. You need to find your niche audience that loves you for YOU.
In short, if you want to start selling products via TikTok ads, you need to make your content niche and unique. Be authentic, tell a story, and don’t be too salesy. Invest in proper time to develop your strategy, and don’t forget to have fun with it!
Curious about linking your shop to your TikTok account, or would like to discuss mega awesome ideas and influencers? We’re only a call away. Hope to see you on the #FYP!