Prospect Knight Limited (“Prospect Knight”) is committed to complying with the provisions outlined in the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018. Looking after the personal information you share with our organisation is very important and we want you to be confident that your personal data is kept safely and securely. We also want to ensure you understand how we use your data to offer you a better, more tailored user experience with Prospect Knight.
The information outlined below will help you to understand:
- how and why Prospect Knight collect information from you;
- who Prospect Knight shares your information with, why and on what basis; and
- what your rights are in relation to managing the personal data that is held by Prospect Knight
If we make changes to this notice we will notify you by updating it on our website.
Please also see our Cookie Notice.
The important legal part.
Please read this privacy notice carefully as it describes our collection, use, disclosure, retention and protection of your personal information. This notice applies to any website, application or service which references it. Where you provide us with your personal information in any of the ways described below, you agree that we may collect, store and use it: (a) in order to perform our contractual obligations to you; (b) based on our legitimate interests for processing (i.e. for internal administrative purposes, data analytics and benchmarking, direct marketing, maintaining automated back-up systems or for the detection or prevention of crime); or (c) based on your consent, which you may withdraw at any time, as described in this privacy notice.
This Privacy Notice applies to all products and services offered by Prospect Knight Limited (a company incorporated in England with company registration number 10932943 and whose registered office address is C/O Nokes & Co. Squire House, 81-87 High Street, Billericay, Essex, United Kingdom, CM12 9AS), but excludes any products applications or services that have separate privacy notices. It does not supersede any client contracts, nor does it cover the role Prospect Knight plays in fulfilling its service to clients which is covered separately.
Acceptance of terms.
If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our website. Your continued use following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Contact information (About the ‘Data Controller’):
Prospect Knight acts as the ‘Data Controller’ of the personal data you provide to us via this website, by telephone and by email direct. We will sometimes refer to ourselves within this notice as “we” or “us”.
You can contact us about the personal data we hold for you by post at: FAO – The Data Controller, Prospect Knight Ltd, C/O Nokes & Co. Squire House, 81-87 High Street, Billericay, Essex, United Kingdom, CM12 9AS. Alternatively contact us by email: quoting ‘Data Privacy Enquiry’. Please allow 3 working days for a response.
What personal data do we collect?
When you contact us on or offline, for example by completing a form on our website you are showing interest in the services we as an organisation provide and consent to us collecting some personal data for you. We ask for certain relevant information that will help us provide the most tailored experience for you as we deal with your enquiry.
We may ask you to share with us and record the following:
- Your full name.
- Your email address.
- Your company name.
- Your company telephone number/s.
- Your area of interest and/or stage in the buying cycle (e.g. ‘just researching’, ‘comparison’ or ‘ready to buy).
- Non-personal, relevant information about your organisation – e.g. size, sector or location.
How we collect personal data.
To the extent permissible under applicable law, we collect information about you when:
- you register to use our websites or services;
- you complete online forms (including call back requests),
- you interact with us using social media including taking part in social media competitions or surveys, post on our message boards or content,
- you download information such as whitepapers or other research and publications or participate in any other interactive areas that appear on our website;
- contact us offline, for example by telephone, fax, SMS, email or post.
We may also collect your information where you only partially complete and/or abandon any information inputted into our website forms and/or other online forms. We may use this information to contact you to remind you to complete any outstanding information and/or for marketing purposes.
We also collect information from your devices (including mobile devices) and applications you use to access and use any of our website, applications or services (for example, we may collect the device type, location or connection information, along with data about your page views, traffic to and from our website, referral URLs, ad data or your IP address). Please read more on this in our Cookie Notice.
How we use the data you provide.
To the extent permissible under applicable law, we use your information for several key things:
- to provide any information that you have requested or any services that you have ordered;
- to provide, maintain, protect and improve any products, services and information that you have requested from us;
- manage and administer your use of our applications, products and services;
- manage our relationship with you (for example, customer services and support activities);
- monitor, measure, improve and protect our content, website, applications and services and provide an enhanced, personal user experience for you;
- deliver targeted, relevant advertising, marketing or information to you which may be useful to you;
- provide you with location-based services (for example, serving an American English page to user in the USA);
- undertake internal testing of our website, applications, systems and services to test and improve their security, provision and performance;
- provide you with any information that we are required to send you to comply with our regulatory or legal obligations;
- to help detect, prevent, investigate or remedy a crime, or any illegal activities (including when working with regulators and law enforcement agencies);
Data protection regulations state that we are permitted to use and share your personal data only where we have a proper reason to do so. The legitimate reasons include:
- Contractual reasons – your personal information is processed to fulfil a contract e.g. in order for you to purchase our services.
- Consent – where you agree to us using your information in this way e.g. for subscribing you to your newsletter.
- Legitimate interests – this means the interests of Prospect Knight in managing our business to allow us to provide you with the best products and service in the most secure and appropriate way e.g. to transfer your data to certain Third Party’s such as delivery partners.
- Legal obligation – where there is statutory or other legal requirement to share the information e.g. when we have to share your information for law enforcement purposes.
We process personal data only for the purpose for which it is collected. The purpose is dependent on whether you use only our website, or additionally, our services as a client.
Here is a list of the ways that we may use your personal information, and which of the reasons described above we rely on to do so. Where we list legitimate interests as a reason, we also describe below what we believe these legitimate interests are.